Thursday 28 August 2014

Magnifibres False Lashes

I hate false lashes. Despite multiple attempts, I never really got used to those annoying fiddly strips and waiting for the glue to get to that desired level of tackiness. So any product that promises to mimic false lashes without the hassle is worth giving a try.


This is where Magnifibres comes in. It is a brush on product with false lash fibres in it. Products such as this one have been available on the market for a while now, so I decided it was finally time to see what the fuss is about. Magnifibres is about £20, so one of the cheaper options on the market. It is worth looking up some reviews to see which product you feel is the best for you. You can get black coloured fibres, natural fibres and all sorts. What appealed about Magnifibres to me is that you can use it with any mascara and the instructions are very straight-forward. The only thing I would say (which isn't mentioned on the packaging but is recommended on the Magnifibres website) is that for the best results, it is best to use a new mascara, as mascaras tend to dry out once they have been open a while. The site also mentions looking down when you apply the fibres, so they don't get inside your eye.

And so, on to the product! I would just like to warn you all that the photos didn't come out very well in this post. It proved very difficult to get close up shots of my lashes, even with the special function on my camera! But I definitely feel the end results were a lot more obvious in person than they appear in the photos.



So this is my naked eye.


And this is my lashes coated in just mascara (apologies for the different angle). Now it is time to brush the lash fibres on whilst my mascara is still wet.


And here is the end result. It doesn't look a great deal different from my mascara only photo, but it did look a bit more dramatic in person. The product says you can lengthen your lashes by up to 5mm. I can't say that I noticed a massive amount of difference with the length, but my natural lashes are quite long anyway. There was definitely some extra length there though and I really noticed a difference in the volume of my lashes. My lashes looked thicker and fuller.You have to be a bit careful, as the lashes can end up clumping together, so it might be worth having a lash brush handy to separate them. 

So does this product mimic the effects of false lashes? To some extent it did. My eyes were definitely more defined and my lashes looked a lot bolder. Length-wise, maybe false lashes would be better. But I do feel that it did look like I was wearing more subtle false lashes. I don't like really big, obvious false lashes anyway so Magnifibres may be my ideal product. You can also go back and repeat the fibre application for a more dramatic effect.

So now I have discussed the end results, I suppose I should make some comments on how the product felt. The fibres did feel a little strange going on! It felt as though I was coating my lashes with fluff. Magnifibres felt a lot lighter than false lash strips and glue does. It did tickle a little bit too but I made sure to be very careful applying the fibres. However, I would not recommend this product to anybody who has sensitive eyes, as you may find the odd fibre might stray away from your lashes if you are not careful. I ended up leaving my fibres on for about 4 hours and the effect did last well during that time and I am confident it would have lasted a lot longer. When I went to remove the lashes, I used make up remover like I usually would with my normal eye make up. I have to admit, I did have to scrub a bit more than usual! But my make up did eventually come off. When I woke up the following morning I only had one or two very tiny fibres left on my face, which I think was a good result.

So if you are a pro with false lashes, maybe this product isn't worth ditching your strips for. But if you are falsies-phobic like I am then it could be a good option. This product would not be suitable for very sensitive eyes, but I personally found Magnifibres to be fairly comfortable to wear. I think with a bit more practice I could see me using this product more frequently. Maybe next time I will try an extra layer of fibres for extra depth and definition to see how that turns out. Would I recommend this product? Possibly. I think the results will vary from person to person. I quite enjoyed giving this product a go.


2 comments:

  1. I never heard of this product before but I think it's a really innovative idea! Thank you for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only found out about it recently myself. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...