Monday 17 March 2014

Dreamy Girl by Angelic Pretty

Today I am looking at Dreamy Girl by Angelic Pretty. This series includes 3 dresses, a skirt, a hair bow, socks, a blouse, a necklace, a bow clip and a vanity bag.



This is the OP. This chiffon bodice has a very soft appearance. I think that the bodice shape is quite cute, apart from the waistline, which looks a bit harsh in some of the photos. The sleeves are a good length, although I think AP could have gotten away with them being just slightly puffier. The cuffs are also a bit dull and simple looking. The lace on the neckline is pretty and layered brilliantly. It sits well on the dress. The neckline is topped with a satin ribbon bow. The bow is a nice shape and size, but slightly shiny. I like the idea of having a charm in the middle of this bow, but the charm used is a bit boring. I think the detachable pearl chain neck straps are an interesting idea but I am not sure I like it on this particular style of dress. The pearls look heavy and almost clunky paired with the soft, delicate chiffon. I would have chosen smaller pearls or something a bit more delicate looking. The back has no shirring and is kept quite simple. The neckline lace from the front continues on nicely from the front. However, there is a gold chunky zip running most of the way down the back, which I think really spoils it. Whilst zips can work out quite well (I am thinking Holy story), I think on this dress the zip ends up looking cheap and a more blending zip would look nicer. The skirt has a subtle but reasonable amount of flare for the style of dress. I am not fond of the overall skirt shape though. The skirt part is fairly simple. The print is displayed okay, although with the gathering it will take the right sort of petticoat to really show off the print. The bottom hem is finished off with cute bow themed lace.



This is the Standard JSK. The bodice generally looks well fitted, although the ribbon halfway down the bodice really 'cuts' in and gives a bunchy silhouette. I worry this shiny ribbon line is going to sit awkwardly on most wearers. It doesn't look very flattering. I wouldn't have bothered with the line of ribbon there at all. The straps are a bit thin and look a bit flimsy, but they are decorated prettily with a ruffle and tulle. The tulle along the neckline looks very soft and feminine, which goes well with the print. I like the belted waist design. It nips in the waist area really well and the bow is a good size. The material used is a bit shiny, but the bow sits well on the belt. The cute belt is also detachable and I would be tempted to use it with other dresses. The back has a panel of shirring which is concealed nicely by a ribbon corset. The stock photos show the skirt is very full and flares out well. The rounded shape is very pretty and works well with the small waist. The skirt is kept clutter free and the print is displayed beautifully. The bottom hem is finished off with cute bow themed lace again.



This is the High Waist JSK. The bodice material looks a little loose in some of the photos but I suppose with this sort of material you don't want it being too fitted anyway. I really dislike the neckline though. I think it is too harsh looking and a softer heart shape would have been nicer. The lace helps to soften the neckline a little bit, but it still looks quite harsh and spiky. The thin ribbon straps look very flimsy and not very supportive. Although the solid coloured satin part nips in the waist, I am not really keen on how it looks, especially when the material is so shiny. The waist area is topped with a ribbon bow brooch, which is a good size. The bow is a bit simple looking but seems to sit reasonably well on the dress. The bodice has a row of pearls which is lined by lace on either side. The pearls just look squished together and very messy. In most of the stock photos the pearls are not even in a straight line. The lace used is very pretty though. The back is fully shirred, so isn't concealed by a ribbon corset or anything. The stock photos show the skirt is very full and flares out well. The wearer would have to be careful about their choice of petticoat though, to make sure the layers of the skirt sit well on top of each other. As for the skirt design itself, I just think it looks awkward. I am not a fan of the shiny satin part and the shape of the printed overlay just doesn't appeal. The lines are too harsh and the satin part looks too plain and flat. The bottom hem is then finished off with the same bow lace as the other dresses.




And here we have the print close-up. As we can see, the print comes in pink, sax blue, lavender and black. All 4 colours work well with the print. I think I am drawn to the lavender colour the most. As for the print, I think the cosmetics are drawn very cutely. I love the powder puff with the stripy packaging the most of all! However, I feel the pearl chains could have been drawn better. Also, in the stock photos the pearl chain just seems to blend in and doesn't really stand out. I do like the crown and key charms dangling from the pearl chain though. But despite the cuteness of the print, something about it just seems a bit boring. It looks pretty, but I am not amazed by it.



I absolutely adore the vanity bag that is a part of this series! The design is so feminine and girlie. I love the stripes and the logo design. The only trouble is, I can't work out which colour I like the best!

So overall, I have to say I am not that impressed by this series. The dress designs don't amaze me. The print looks cute, but it is not something I would go out of my way to buy. So I probably wouldn't buy from this series (apart from the bag!). If I did though, I would buy the OP in lavender. The JSK designs don't appeal to me, so the OP seems the best of a bad bunch. I would describe this series as cute, but nothing special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...