Monday 18 November 2013

Traumerei of Bright Stars by Baby the Stars Shine Bright

Today I am taking a look at Traumerei of Bright Stars by BABY. This series includes 3 dresses, a skirt, a blouse, 3 hair accessories and tights.


This is the OP. The bodice doesn't look well fitted, although a more slouchy, relaxed style suits the style of dress. The crepe de chine sleeves are so soft looking. They don't have much puff to them, but that wouldn't suit this particular style of dress. The cuffs are finished with pretty pearl buttons and wide lace. I guess the wide lace does match the bottom of the dress but in my opinion, I'm not sure the cuffs really need the lace. The thin belt helps to define the waist, whilst also keeping things simple. The material used is also quite matte looking as well, so there is no glaring shine. I adore the collar on this dress. The lace, the line of subtle pearls and the bow are all layered so neatly. It has lots of lovely detail to it without ever looking too OTT. There is not a single thing I would change about it. The back does not have any shirring, so may be a bit limited size-wise. The skirt has a decent amount of length to it. It doesn't flare outwards much and looks like the weight may weigh down a petticoat anyway. However, this is the sort of style that BABY were aiming for with this dress. I personally think it looks like a frilly Victorian nightgown, but I know this style of dress does have its fans. What I like about this dress is that despite the detailed bottom, your eyes still get drawn to the print. The print is displayed very well but the skirt is also rich with detail. They have managed to balance this well. The bottom hem is finished off with 2 soft, delicate ruffles, which are layered beautifully. These are topped with a few bows which are a little big, but don't look too distracting.


This is the JSK. The bodice looks reasonably well fitted and the overall shape is simple, but fairly interesting. The straps are a good width and suit the style of dress. There is a waist bow which has an okay shape to it, but it does look a bit slouchy. I do like how it is finished subtly with gold braid though. I am not really a fan of this waist bow, but thankfully it is detachable.


I am very undecided about the bodice on this dress. The pleated panel may add a bit more detail to the bodice, but I find it quite dull looking. In fact, I think I would have preferred a simpler bodice without this pleated detail on at all. It just doesn't excite me. I do like the gold braid and lace, I just don't like how it has been used with the pleats. The neckline bow is cute and a good size. It matches up well with the bows on the skirt too. the shape is good and the material is not too shiny. The gold braid along the neckline give a very smart and elegant touch. The lace on the neckline is soft and frothy looking. I do wonder if it will tickle the wearer though!

The back has a panel of shirring which is concealed very neatly with a ribbon corset. The gold braid continues on the back and lines the edges of the shirring panel too, which gives a smarter appearance. The stock photos show the skirt has the potential to flare out quite widely. The shape is maybe a bit too triangular for my tastes and I would have preferred a very subtle, slightly more rounded shape. The print is displayed well, despite the amount of detail near the bottom. The bottom hem is finished with two soft ruffles which have been layered well. This is then topped off with some gold braid and 2 bows. The only thing I would change is placing the 2 bows a bit further apart from each other.


This is the Long Frill JSK. The bodice is well fitted and the overall shape is interesting. The straps are a bit thin and don't look very supportive. However, the ruffles used on the straps is very cute and helps balance out the detail-heavy bottom. I love the placement of the 2 bows on the waist area. They sit very well on the dress. However, I don't think I would have bothered with the other 2 bows that appear in the centre of the bodice. The bodice already has enough detail without them and they just add unnecessary bulk. The 2 lines of gold braid running across the bodice are pretty. Hopefully they wont sit too awkwardly on the chest area, as I know some bustier girls have problems with this. Whilst I think the wide lace on the neckline looks fine, I think a soft looking ruffle could have looked really lovely here and would have matched other parts of the dress better. But it doesn't look too bad as it is. The back has a panel of shirring which is concealed neatly with a ribbon corset. The skirt shape is what I would expect from this style of dress. The printed part of the skirt has a decent amount of length to it, so the print is displayed quite well. However, I would have moved the 2 bows that are sitting on top of the print lower down as it disrupts things a little. The bottom is finished off with some gold braid and then there are 3 layered ruffles. It looks wonderfully OTT and I like how the middle ruffle is a slightly different colour too. The ruffles are layered well and sit nicely on top of each other. This is a dress that was made to be shown off!


And here we have part of the print close-up. This print is available in ivory, pink, red, navy and black. Navy is by far my favourite colour because it looks just like the night sky and I like the contrast of the deep colour with the softer colours in the print. However, I do think each colour works with the print in some way. As for the print itself, it has a very nostalgic Christmas feel to it. It reminds me of a painting I saw once (I have forgotten the artist). The print wouldn't look out of place on a festive tin of shortbread and for me that adds to the appeal. I love the detail on the Christmas trees and all the people walking around. It definitely gets me in the festive spirit!

I think this is a very beautiful series. It is one of those series where there is going to be a large fan base but at the same time some people may not be that keen on the dress designs. I personally love the dress designs and think the print is gorgeous. However, I wont be buying it, simply because I would feel silly wearing it at any other time of the year! If I did buy it though, I would go for the Long JSK in navy. I think it is absolutely stunning and I hope BABY will release more designs like this one, only without such a seasonal print.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted the Long Frill JSK in Ivory with the blouse, bonnet and tights. I've only just found it but I can't seem to find anywhere it could be bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid this series was quite popular, so you will have to keep an eye out on second hands sites like Lacemarket. I hope you are able to find it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...