Wednesday 26 September 2012

VIVID VI.VRANT Eye Lashes

I decided to re-read the Gothic Lolita Bible I brought at the TPC anniversary event the other day (volume 45). Seeing as I had a bit more time, I was reading a bit more thoroughly and I couldn't help but notice these lashes by VIVID VI.VRANT. 


At first I thought this was just random stuff being stuck on as decoration...



But I looked at the bottom of the page and it turns out the roses were indeed part of the lashes. It really took me by surprise. These are so decorative and indulgent. I realise deep down that these lashes are a bit too OTT and costumey for me to actually wear them. To be honest, I think the stock photos look better than when you see them being worn. Is it bad that a part of me still thinks they look really cool? 


After some digging, I found a website which had more of their lash designs. And they keep getting more and more impractical! How would you even go about wearing these ones? Even the simpler ones don't look that comfortable to wear.


I think my favourite lashes are these playing card inspired ones. I would love to see a harlequin themed outfit using these.

It wont come as much of a surprise that these lashes are expensive, but for those of you who are curious I found quite a few of their designs here- http://tetragrammaton.shop-pro.jp/?mode=cate&cbid=1113422&csid=0

I would never buy these lashes and I don't think they are the sort of lashes you would wear to a regular lolita meet. But I am still fascinated by them. I wish I could find some more pictures of these lashes being worn. The lashes are very indulgent. I wonder though, how simple it would be to recreate them using charms, beads and a bit of lash glue? I can't imagine that I would get a professional looking finish, but maybe somebody else out there could do a better job than I could!

I am not sure what I make of these lashes. Perhaps they verge too close to costume territory, but I could see somebody doing a photoshoot with these. For me, they are far too indulgent to wear normally. Ignoring the price for a moment, would anybody out there wear these?

8 comments:

  1. I would wear them for a photoshoot for sure! They are pricey though, especially as you can get a similar effect just by glueing bits and pieces to your face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed pricey. I think maybe home made ones are a better option.

      Delete
  2. I think they are pretty! Personally, I wouldn't wear em! I agree with you, they look somewhat costume-y! The eyelashes reminds me of something off Paradise Kiss or something lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean about Paradise Kiss! They are very costumey. Probably best saved for very special occasions!

      Delete
  3. I made both of these eyelashes for less than $2: http://i.imgur.com/GFl1N.jpg

    http://www.cecikierk.com/uploads/2/2/8/5/2285368/3970822_orig.jpg

    It takes a little bit of practice to glue things in the right spot, but it certainty doesn't worth the ¥3675. I used cyanoacrylate based glue similar to nail glue to make all the pieces stay on, but it's also messier to use.

    As for wearing them, I've worn those cut paper eyelashes and it gets a little annoying when there's something always in your field of vision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Those are really pretty! *_* I would love to be able to make something like that. Maybe with a bit of time and practice!

      Yeah, having it in your line of vision is something I had thought of with these lashes. Although maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it was just in one outer corner? I guess I wouldn't know until I tried them.

      Delete
  4. these are lovely but I would NEVER wear them :S I have even so much problems wearing normal ones :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are very impractical! Probably not a good idea to wear them for long periods of time :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...