Friday 30 March 2012

Baby's Cherish My Juicy Cherry

Today I will be looking at Baby's new cherry print. It is called Cherish My Juicy Cherry. That has got to be the funniest print name ever! I thought it was a joke when I first saw it! This series has 2 dresses, a skirt, 3 tops, an apron, socks, a head bow, hair ties and lots of different jewellery pieces.


This is the Lilly JSK. The bodice probably does have a good shape to it, but it is hard to tell when you have that giant flap on material folded over. The straps are a bit thin. Thankfully, there is some lace running along the straps, otherwise they would look really plain. The waist bow is quite large. It does have a nice shape, but it looks a little bit droopy, so it sags a little bit. I really dislike the use of lace on this dress, especially on the bodice. I think the vertical lines running up the bodice could have used thinner lace because it looks too fussy. The lace on the folded over panel doesn't look much better. The folded panel is topped with more lace, which has ribbon threaded through it and then it is topped with a small bow. The small bow is made with very shiny material but it still looks quite cute. I think it doesn't help that you have some really plain parts (for example the neckline, which is plain with no detail and has a very straight line) which contrasts with the more fussier lacier parts.

From the back, the lace doesn't look much better and it comes to an abrupt halt when it meets the shirring panel. It looks really messy, almost as if it isn't quite finished. I would have expected better from a brand like Baby. At least the shirring is concealed well by the ribbon. The ribbon colour really blends in.

The skirt part has got a nice subtle rounded shape to it. I imagine it flares out nicely and will hold a decent amount of petticoat. The skirt doesn't have much detail on it, but at least this means the print is not concealed. Again, I am not a fan of the lace used on the bottom hem. Along the bottom hem the lace is very smooth and flat, which contrasts with the more gathered lace on the bodice. I also felt the bottom hem lace was a bit wide and plain.

This is the Candy JSK. The bodice is a nice shape. Although the straps are very plain, they are at least a little thicker than those on the other JSK. I belt the polka-dotted ribbon belt on the waist because it helps to make the waist look smaller, although it is concealed a lot when you have the waist bow attached. The waist bow itself is quite big but it has a nice defined shape and it looks more sturdy than the bow on the other JSK. Although I don't dislike the waist bow, I think the dress looks better with the bow detached. You can see the polka-dotted belt much better and this ties in with the cute polka dot bow that appears on the neckline. This dress also has a lot of lace with the vertical bits running up the bodice and the lace along the neckline. However, the lace here looks a lot more modest and tidier. The cherry lace is very cute and despite being wide, it is not over-powering. The back has a panel of shirring concealed by a ribbon corset. The ribbon blends in very well. The skirt lines appear to be straighter, but also look as though they will flare outwards more, holding a decent amount of petticoat. An A-line petticoat would probably be more suited to this dress than a sweeter cupcake shaped petticoat. The skirt design is kept simple and I like how it is not cluttered. The bottom hem is finished off with some good quality lace, although the lace used is a bit dull in appearance.


And here is the print close-up. This print is available in ivory, pink, sax, red and black. I think with a print like this, it works best with the red, black and pink colours. The sax is not too bad either. However, I really don't like the ivory colour with this print. I think a print like this deserves bright colours to help make the cherries stand out (I was going to say make the cherries "pop", but that just makes it sound even worse!). Am I the only one who thought this print reminded them of Bodyline? It just seems to have that Bodyline feel to it. The cherries are very cute. I like the use of light and shading to give the cherries a more shiny, realistic appearance. The ribbons and drape have that typical Baby look to them. The roses are a nice finishing touch. I think this print is a bit prettier than previous Baby cherry prints such as Cherry Fallin' Cherry.


There are so many different bits of jewellery to choose from but I have chosen these earrings as my favourite. I think the bows are very cute. The gold colour with the ivory pearls also helps to make the jewellery look a bit more classy. I always think that Baby are really good with their jewellery and this series is no exception.

So overall, I do like this series but not enough to go out of my way to get it. For me, this series is all about the Candy JSK because I really dislike the Lilly JSK. Whilst the print is cute, I am not overly amazed by it either. I think I feel that I would expect something more from Baby. I would probably go for this print in black or pink. Whilst I like the red, I worry that the cherries blend in too much. I can't see this being a best-seller, especially when a lot of the other big brands are also releasing fruit prints at the moment. This series just doesn't stand out as a "must-buy" series to me. However, Baby does know how to come up with an amusing print name!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am not sure about the dresses... I like the jewellery though! XD

      Delete
  2. It's a cute print...but busy too. The name...funny but also why!?! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree it is a bit busy. Very cute though!

      Delete
  3. that print name will never sound not-perverted to me -___-
    but I really love the candy JSK, and the print itself is nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Mr Yan has infiltrated Baby! XD

      I think the candy JSK really makes up for the other JSK :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...