Monday 4 July 2011

My blog is 1 today!

Technically, my blog turned 1 a few days ago but I am going on the date of the very first post I did. I still can't believe a year has passed already!

I have had so many eye opening experiences and adventures. Above is one of the photos that Fleur Challis took of me for the documentary I am participating in (Fleur is absolutely amazing!). I decided this photo best described how I currently feel about lolita and where I am today. Maybe next year I will have taken a completely new direction!

Here are a couple of things I have learnt during the past year as a result of writing this blog-

1. You don't have to be alone!- I felt that to write a better blog, it would be a good idea to take part in the online community a bit more. As a result, I have made loads of friends including my wonderful local group the Oxfordshire Lolitas. I couldn't ask for a better group to be a part of and I have made some great friends. I also feel like attending more meets and events has really helped my anxiety problem. I still have a way to go, but I am slowly making some progress!

2. You shouldn't take drama to heart- I think I have been incredibly lucky regarding drama. I have been mentioned a few times but there has not been anything worth getting upset about. I try not to respond to drama unless I feel there is a real need to. Also, the amount of Lolita Valentines I have received far outweigh the negatives. The thing about drama is, the way you respond is highly important. If you react too much then you will keep getting posted. What we all need to remember is that everybody has different opinions and you can't please everybody.

3. The most popular posts on here are the print discussions- When I started discussing the latest brand prints on this blog, I just wanted to express my opinion. Then I started getting comments and emails from people saying they liked my print discussions. So now they have become a big part of my blog! I always try to be honest and if I don't like something I will say so! All opinions on here are 100% Luna!

4. I have developed a Bodyline habit- Sometimes I do proper reviews on the items I have purchased. Looking back, it appears I have ordered a lot from Bodyline! In all fairness, I believe Bodyline has improved a lot in recent years. They still release some absolutely dreadful pieces but it feels like they make more of an effort now. However, my favourite purchase since starting this blog has been my beloved Meta March of the Duck skirt.

5. Metamorphose is my favourite brand!- I will never forget the day I finally got my dream print. I love my cute little Meta duckies! Another nice surprise addition to my wardrobe was Meta's Old Emblem. Old Emblem is my most worn print. However, I still love my AP Wonder Cookie dress too! One of the most surprising things about my wardrobe is that I don't own any Baby or AatP dresses (I just have a Baby parasol which I got in a competition). I hope that by next year I will own a Baby dress.

6. I have made some mistakes- I have posted some things on here which I have re-read a few months later and thought "Oh no! I can't believe I said/wore that!". Instead of removing the posts, I have kept them up. I am by no means perfect and therefore, I don't want to hide my mistakes. I think it is good to show progress (well, hopefully I have made progress!) and there is nothing wrong with changing your mind. If you think I have made a huge fashion error, feel free to say so. I promise I wont bite!

7. Fimo clay is EVIL- I am not a deco nail expert but if my experiences have taught me anything, it is that you shouldn't use Fimo clay! It is fiddly, awkward and takes up far too much time. Learn how to use acrylics. It may take a little time to get used to acrylics but I think the results are a lot better. Acrylics are easy enough to pick up. You can even find them on Ebay. And when using acrylics, always keep the room airy and well ventilated!

And so, I would like to thank all my readers and followers. I would also like to thank all the people who have organised any events I have attended, the Oxfordshire Lolitas, Saija for sending me all that lovely jewellery, my long-suffering husband James, all my other lovely friends and anybody else who I have forgotten to mention. Let's make this next year even better!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! I really like your blog tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I really love reading your bloog, keep up the good work^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the first year of YOUR blog jam packed with your personality. Long may it continue.
    Hugs, Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I am glad people think my personality comes across well in this blog. I didn't want to sound emotionless!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...